Here begins a transformational journey. August 18, 2011. The purpose of this blog is to write myself to a better place, to live a more health-filled life and to live life more fully! It's an experiment really. Can I become a strong, fit, disciplined (yikes) and vibrantly healthy person by accessing my own inner resources? Of course I can. But in the midst of many a menopausal fog of late, I have lacked discipline, motivation, energy, blah, blah, blah. But menopause be damned! I'm ready to adopt all the right behaviors in order to feel healthy, vibrant and alive again! I've had a few aha moments lately, and my intuition is strongly urging me to write. This blog, in a sense, is a path to freedom. It will help me to have the life I truly desire, to sort out all the things that perplex me, and most of all, it will help me to create new habits. (Oh the habits I need to release!!) For me to change my behavior I have to start with the truth. Here's what's true for me.
Truth: I have known for a long time that I am not creating the results I truly desire in my life. What am I waiting for???
Truth: I want to come clean about the ways and reasons for hiding my light "in a hat box with the lid down tight" as my Irish Grandmother would say. I will write about the ways I hold myself back. And I will write
to free myself.
Truth: I realize that we are bombarded with so much health and fitness information, but the truth is, all of us who are health conscious know exactly what we need to eat and how we need to keep our bodies moving in order to live in optimum health. So I want to move forward in wellness and fitness by tapping my own inner resources and strengthening my discipline. Tall order for me. I get very excited out of the gate and tend to lose steam. So I'm writing to tell the truth and become stronger.
Truth: I will post a photo of my current shape and post a photo every three weeks so that I have a visual of my progress. Ugh. So embarrassing! But seeing the results will be so inspiring.
Truth: I am taking a holistic approach to my wellness. My amazing friend, Jamie, is a health and wellness coach. She taught me to look at the whole of my life, a circle she calls our primary foods. Career, Spirituality, Relationships and Physical Activity. She explains that when our primary foods are lacking or out of balance it affects our consumption of secondary foods -- the things we put in our mouth. Very smart. And very true for me. So my journey will include what the greatest spiritual masters throughout the ages have been teaching us to do -- a daily meditative practice. Fifteen to twenty minutes a day. Stillness, quiet, breathing, listening.
So off I go. I welcome all encouraging words and any cheer leading you feel inclined to do. It will surely help me stay motivated. The beautiful Village Health Club will be my home away from home for the next six months. My friend Billy has graciously agreed to be one of my work out buddies. Come on down. Everyone is welcome. I can give you a pass for the day and we can work out together!
Vibrantly Yours in Health & Wellness,
Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment